Feeling overwhelmed by all the articles, blogs and Facebook groups telling you what you should and shouldn’t eat? We say just trust your gut!
In this intimate two and a half hour workshop, you’ll be invited to reconnect with your gut and take your health back into your own hands, literally! Make your own organic sourdough and apple cider from scratch, while you learn about the gut microbiome, wild fermentation and how you can aid digestion through diet and food preparation.
What you’ll learn:
- The role the gut plays in your health
- How certain foods can damage the gut
- What food preparation methods can heal the gut
- How to prepare food for optimal digestion
- How to make organic sourdough and apple cider vinegar from scratch
What you’ll get:
- Your own sourdough to take home and bake the next day
- A ceramic bowl handmade by Lydia herself to carry your dough home in
- Organic ingredients to bake your second loaf
- A recipe hand-out
- A home-made healthy platter to share with your classmates
- The option to purchase some sourdough starter and equipment to get you all set up to start a new routine of making your own bread!
What to bring:
- An apron or old clothes to wear
- Paper and pen for note taking
- A smile!
About the teacher:
Lydia Irving is a qualified and practicing nutritionist specialising in gut health. She is passionate about fermentation and baking, having recently returned from an inspiring 8 months abroad working at Love Probiotics in Guatemala where they fermented everything from mead, tempeh and kvass to kefir, kombucha and sourdough. She hopes to share how simple and satisfying making your own sourdough and apple cider vinegar is, not to mention how delicious and affordable it is!