Whether you’re an artist interested in taking your designs from ink to Illustrator, a designer looking to add character to your work with a handmade aesthetic, or an entrepreneur wanting to create a unique logo for your business, this hands-on workshop will show you some clever hand lettering and printmaking techniques to create custom type and illustrations on the page, followed by a lesson on how to take these designs into the digital realm.
What You’ll Learn
- Hand lettering and printmaking techniques
- How to optimise your design for digitisation
- How to transform your illustration/typography into a digital design using Adobe Illustrator
What You Get
- Paper, ink and brushes
- A digitised graphic or logo you can use on business cards, totes or online
What To Bring
- A pencil
- A sketch, design or idea if you have one ready that you’d like digitised
- A laptop with an up to date version of Adobe Illustrator (get a free trial here, no credit card required: http://www.adobe.com/au/creativecloud/start-with-free-creativecloud.html)
- A smile
About The Teacher
Imogen Grist is a designer, photographer and director based in Sydney. With a soft spot for food fights and melodrama, her style is defined by punchy visuals, restrained colour palettes, and a bold yet playful approach to concepts. She’s worked on projects for Cloud Control, Troye Sivan, ZelooperZ, Young Franco and Bec Sandridge.
IG: imogengrist / Website: www.imogengrist.com