It’s every freelancers least favourite time of year; tax time! Lucky for you, COMMUNE are here to help. Whether you’ve got OCD level spreadsheet skills, or haven’t done your taxes in five years, this talk will ensure everyone comes away with the knowledge and motivation to get their taxes in order. In this one hour workshop, you’ll be given the low-down on all the things you never knew you could claim, so you can ensure you’ll never again pay more tax than you need to. We want to help freelancers understand, organise and plan their finances more successfully.
At the end of the workshop, you’ll be given the opportunity to ask questions, so you can be sure you’ll be given answers specific to your industry and profession.
What You’ll Learn
- All the things you may not know you can claim
- The low-down on any changes to rules or deductions in 2017 that you should be aware of
- Processes and software tips to make things easier for yourself next year
- Tips on how to budget for tax time
- Info on what you should be doing with superannuation
- Opportunity to ask a real accountant all your EOFY questions!
What To Bring
- A pen and pad for note-taking
- Any tax related questions you might have
About The Teacher
Kirian Andreou is a Chartered Accountant and Director at Generate and has been in the tax and accounting industry for more than 15 years. Servicing a huge variety of creative and innovative businesses and solo traders, she loves working with entrepreneurs to ensure they are not only tax compliant, but to help them to achieve their business and personal potential, achieve their goals, and enjoy their success. In her spare time, Kirian thinks of herself as tea and coffee connoisseur and a foodie lover.