Ever wanted to try your hand at weaving but not sure where to start? This hands-on two hour workshop in collaboration with Sydney Craft Week will introduce you to the process of loom weaving. Explore a variety of techniques while you play with texture, colour and form to create a unique and beautiful weave.
In addition to your unique and colourful creation, you’ll also take home a full beginners weaving kit, so you can continue the fun at home!
What you’ll learn:
- How to warp up a timber loom
- The basic skills required to produce a tapestry
- Weaving techniques
- How to implement elements of colour, line, tone shape, form and texture into your weaving
What you’ll get:
- Staple & Seed beginners frame loom
- Warping thread
- Locally sourced cottons, wools and up-cycled sari silks for weaving
- A medium sized weave you’ve made yourself! You might choose to have your weave as a wall hanging, use it as a practice piece, or sew it into a bag or clutch.
- Refreshments (hello homemade lemonade and fruit)
What to bring:
- Just your smiling self!
About the teacher:
Staple & Seed is the textile art venture of artisan and creative director, Bronte Wright. With her formative years spent in rural Australia, resourcefulness and tactility runs thick in her blood. Australian grown cotton and wool are the preferred mediums used in all Staple & Seed creations.
IG: stapleandseed | Website: www.stapleandseed.com